This year I have found myself spending a lot of time in airports. Because of that, I thought I would share some tips on how I plan ahead so I can stay on plan while having to eat at the airport!
Before we get into that, I want to share my weight loss update for 2019. This year, on January 1st, my starting weight was 192, and my body fat was at 25.1%. As of this week, my weight is up to 166.4 and my body fat is around 22
Hello and welcome to Fit For The Road, a podcast dedicated to making healthier choices when you are away from home!
- Off the wagon while home, had dairy queen 3 times!
- Started focusing on productivity after reading unfu*k yourself. Which a full review will be posted this week
- First, 3 days are off to a great start. No alcohol till 160!
In today’s episode, I cover these 3 topics
- Tips for preparing yourself before you get to the airport
- What to eat at the airport
- What my day normally looks like when traveling through the airports
Tips for preparing yourself before you get to the airport
Leaving from home?
- Pack healthy snacks
- Always Carry a water bottle (don’t forget to empty it before TSA)
- Research the airport restaurant choices before you get there so you know what to order.
- Bonus: if you are a weight watchers member, add a few choices in the app so you know exactly what to order when you get to the airport.
Leaving from a hotel?
- Have a large breakfast at the hotel if you have a morning flight
- Always pack plastic sandwich bags so you can pack some snacks like hard boiled eggs with you on the plane
- Grab some fruit like apples or a banana that you can toss in your bag
What food should I eat at the airport?
- Do your research ahead of time
- Stay away from alcohol until your meal comes
- Try not to eat heavy, save your points until you get to your destination or back home
My typical day at the airport
- Research lounge/restaurant access
- Get there early
- Double down on fruits and veggies
- Write a list of snacks/food to pack before your next trip
- Research the airport before you leave!
- Research priority pass to see if it makes sense for you and where you travel
This has been Episode 15 of Fit For The Road, recorded on April 21st, 2019 and published April 21st, 2019, for show notes visit fitfortheroad.co. Also, special thanks to Ryan of Painless Audio for the production assistance of today’s episode.
Hopefully, this episode helped you get some tips about getting in the right mindset and finding discipline in your life. Also, if you are looking to sign up for Weight Watchers, click this link for a free month!