Today’s I talk about patience and how important it is to master patience in your weight loss program. Today’s leading thought is “Patience and fortitude conquer all things.” Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Hello and welcome to Fit For The Road, a podcast dedicated to making healthier choices when you are away from home!
Before we get into that, I want to share my weight loss update for 2019. This year, on January 1st, my starting weight was 192, and my body fat was at 25.1%. As of this week, my weight is down to 164.0 and my body fat is around 20
- Stayed on track with my runs (3,5,3,10 miles)
- Continue with struggling on long run days eating good calories
Definition of Patience – the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset.
Current reading Unfu*k Yourself: Get Out of Your Head and into Your Life
3 things I talk about in today’s episode.
- Be patient, put in the work
- Baby Steps are Still Steps Forward
- Make 1 better decision today
- Snowball Effect, small wins = big results
- Couch to 5K → Marathon training
- Write down the goal you are struggling with
- Take your big goal and break it down into bite size pieces
- Set time-bound goals and hold yourself accountable
- Reflect on the good things at the end of the day by asking yourself “How was I better today than yesterday?”
This has been Episode 14 of Fit For The Road, recorded on April 15th, 2019 and published April 15th, 2019, for show notes visit fitfortheroad.co. Also, special thanks to Ryan of Painless Audio for the production assistance of today’s episode.
Hopefully, this episode helped you get some tips about getting in the right mindset and finding discipline in your life. Also, if you are looking to sign up for Weight Watchers, click this link for a free month!