“How do you eat an elephant?” The answer? One bite at a time! Today I talk about the first “bite” I took towards a healthier lifestyle about 60 days ago; I joined Weight Watchers! This episode talks what I have learned over the last 60 days while following the program including the good, the bad, the ugly. Ok maybe not ugly but you get the idea.
Before we get into that, I want to share my weight loss update for 2019. This year, on January 1st, my starting weight was 192, and my body fat was at 25.1%. As of today, my weight is down to 168.6 and my body fat is around 22%.
Overall I have been super excited with the results of the weight watchers program and I wanted to share with others the things I have learned. Let’s start with the good!
- Weight Watchers promotes a healthy/steady weight loss
- Small weekly weigh in victories add up to a lot of noticeable weight loss
- One bad day doesn’t kill your progress
- The Weight Watchers mobile app is a godsend
- The app is easy to use
- Syncs with Apple Health (my health dashboard)
- There is a huge database of food that you can look up/scan barcodes
- Direct link to Connect, Weight Watchers social network focused on a healthy lifestyle
- There is a lot more variety then other weight loss plans especially if you get creative with the 0 point foods!
- If you want to indulge in your favorite foods you can! Just not every day.
- Several low point recipes from the Weight Watchers community on Pinterest, Connect and Instagram
- I find Weight Watchers is a bit tough to follow when you are forced to eat out
- You are forced to estimate the ingredients in your meal instead of having exact numbers
- Pro Tip! Ask for cooking spray whenever possible
- Too many artificial sweeteners in low point / low-fat foods
- I have a love-hate relationship with how points are calculated
- In a smoothie, bananas are 7+ points, if you eat a banana it is 0
- I wish I knew the number of calories I intake daily
- Scanning doesn’t take into account 0 point ingredients
What will I change in the future?
- I am going to start double tracking in my fitness pal to see how many calories I am consuming
- I want to be more active in the
community Tryto eat more clean foods
Hopefully, this 60-day check-in helped you determine if Weight Watchers is the plan for you. If you are looking to sign up for weight watchers, click this link for a free month!
This has been Episode 9 of Fit For The Road, recorded on March 9th, 2019, for show notes visit fitfortheroad.co. Also, special thanks to Ryan of Painless Audio for the production assistance of today’s episode.