In todays episode I share some thoughts on a book that I am currently reading and what habits I have changed in the new year and the tools I am using to track them.
Hello and welcome to Fit For The Road, a podcast dedicated to making healthier choices when you are away from home!
Todays Leading Thought is “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.”
— Will Durant
In this episode I talk about these 2 books:
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business – https://amzn.to/2tcysN7
- Getting Things Done – https://amzn.to/2GlwFNl
And I also talk about these 4 apps:
- ToDo App – https://todo.microsoft.com/en-us
- Productive App – http://productiveapp.io
- Headspace – https://www.headspace.com
- Spanish – https://www.busuu.com/en/mobile
Weight Loss Update, 2019 starting weight 192, Body Fat 27.1% Today: 179.4
In the past I have made the mistake of getting this idea that I need to buy things to be successful. I once bought a treadmill because I wanted to be healthy. This time around, I am approaching things differently. Now, I want to earn these things by hitting my goals.
- My Rewards (in the past, go buy things like treadmill)
- New Shoes (180 LBS)
- Alcohol (175 LBS)
- Tumi Bag (170 LBS)
Similar to weight watchers I have been logging everything with an app called productive.
Productive – http://productiveapp.io
What changes have I made?
- Scan in weight watchers before buying
- Check everything I eat (hot dog at party when I started)
- Don’t be afraid to say no
- Prepare ahead of time
Installed todo list app
- Check it every day
- Out of mind, frees up your mind for more important tasks
- Inbox 0 before bed every night
- Fear of missing out
- Down time I was using Facebook (deleted)
- Turned off all notifications and scheduled time in apps
ToDo App – https://todo.microsoft.com/en-us
Productive App – http://productiveapp.io
Headspace – https://www.headspace.com
Spanish – https://www.busuu.com/en/mobile